The leader of Humane Juliana is Tina Benčina, but a second leader is a mascot of the party, the little dog Katia. The supporters of animal rights in the country support Humane Juliana a lot. Humane Juliana is not a party of the left or a party of the right; instead, it is a party supported by people of all viewpoints who wish to protect animals and ensure their safety and security does the same for ours.
Humane Juliana believes that through the protection of animal rights we can ensure a better health and society for all people in general.
What we stand forEdit
- Animals are much a part of our environment as plants, flowers and trees and should be protected in the wild, and each species which goes extinct is one more tragedy for our planet.
- Animals being used for human consumption are frequently kept in inhumane and unhealthy conditions, and for that reason alone something should be done. Furthermore, we are eating these animals, and all the chemicals and hormones being given to them ultimately goes into our bodies. Healthy people will benefit from healthy animals.
- Much government oversight is necessary to ensure animals are not injected with hormones, they are not fed other animals to grow and are allowed to live in conditions which are not cramped.
- There are frequent cases of contamination with salmonella, e coli and more in animal meats and we need to make sure that this does not happen; more sanitary conditions in slaughterhouses will prevent this, and they will start for better regulation and oversight.
- Juliana should work with European and other countries to press for more control and prevention of the illicit murder and trade of rare, protected and exotic animals. Cecil the Lion and others have shown us that these are real, serious issues that need to be protected. Of course, this can and should start in Juliana and for any class of animal big or small.
- As Da Vinci once said, “I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.”
In the 2014 election, Humane Juliana, with your support, won 0.5% of the popular vote. Even so, this was half of what the Pirate Party won, and 54 times less than the leading Positive Block. Now, we hope to achieve the unthinkable, have Humane Juliana represented in the IWO Council. With your support, we can work together to have the rights of animals represented and the impact of them on all people represented internationally.